You know what? We kinda like you.
That’s why we want you to be safe when riding your Spokies bikes around Oklahoma City. Before getting your pedal on, take a quick refresher about safe riding techniques, because it’s important to know which side of the road to ride on and how to blend with the flow of traffic.
- Protect your head. Wear a helmet.
- Follow the rules of the road.
- Be predictable. Use proper hand signals.
- Be visible.
- Do not ride on the sidewalk or gutter.
- Stay focused. Stay alert.
- Check the tires and brakes.
- Ride single file in a group.
- Ride with the flow of traffic.
- Do not ride against traffic.
- Ride in areas with less congestion.
- Seek out bike paths/lanes/routes.